Friday, September 17, 2010

Waiting

Waiting may be the hardest part! God is on a different time table--actually outside time--from us, those on earth so bound by time and place.

I've heard there are three answers when we pray--"yes," "no," or "wait awhile." The hardest one for me is waiting. It is the one though that may provide more growth, as I have to trust Him for a period of time, rather than getting an immediate, "microwave" answer.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

We had a person recently in our church that was told he had cancer. And the doctors didn't seem to get in much hurry over it. Did they just not care? Did they believe that it was a slow growing or not growing form of cancer and were not too worried about it? Many questions went through his mind, and mine too. A time to trust; not to worry. A time to "wait" not to receive an easy or quick answer. But hard, nevertheless.

Right now, I am waiting on God. I have to trust Him and know that He has good purposes in mind and my growth in mind as well. Maturing me--growing me--making me a more fit tool for His use.

What are you waiting on God for right now? Where is the best place to go with your waiting?

No comments:

Post a Comment