Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hell is Burning While the Church Sleeps

Back in the early 1990's, my son had a Steve Camp cassette tape or two. (I realize that some of you may not know what a cassette tape is.) Steve Camp, a Christian singer, had a song titled, "Hell is Burning While the Church Sleeps." This was one hard-hitting, powerful song! The song is still true today, even though in some places God is powerfully at work in new ways. I am thankful that God works among small pockets of believers even when many others are "asleep at the wheel."

So often, we live in our world of waiting for the rapture and praying to keep saints out of heaven, rather than saying, "Satan, not on my watch." I have often been guilty of that myself. All the while, hell continues to take people out of our world into a place of punishment.

I still am not where I want to be in sharing Christ and rescuing the perishing. Still not where I want to be in building relationships with those who need Christ desperately. But I am moving in the right direction.

Satan does not give up easily however. When we move in the right direction, he will put many, many trials and obstacles in our way--sometimes some very good things, to keep us sidetracked from the "best" things.

Christians need to pray for one another--that we will have a "pure and holy passion" to live for God, and that will include seeking to work alongside our Lord to "seek and save that which is lost." We can't do the saving, but we can do the cooperating.

Are you a tool in the hand of God or just waiting for the rapture? Hell is burning while the church sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment