Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Limited

Are you limited by anything? When talking with a friend, I realized that so often I only get one side of the story. I am limited by not knowing the full picture--the big picture. So I do the best I can with the limited facts I know.

But how do we overcome those limitations? On our own, we don't. There will always be the limitations of this life. Except that we can come to know One who has no limitations (except what He places on Himself). That is why faith in God and prayer is so important. Consulting One who has the big picture in mind--who is not limited as I am--who sees all sides of the picture fully and correctly. I need that--and I need Him.

I want to see both sides--I want to know the truth. As Henry Blackaby said in Experiencing God, "truth is a person." And to know that person we have to have a personal relationship with that person. He said, "I am the way and the truth and the life." (Jn 14:6) And he went on to say, "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." (Jn 8:31-32)

Will you see the truth in the Truth Giver today? Or will you just stay limited?

No comments:

Post a Comment