Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Greatness of God

Are you a believer in Jesus Christ? What difference does it make?

Peter says, "But in your hearts, set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect ..." (1 Peter 3:15, NIV)

As I've read Neil Coles, Organic Church, and Search and Rescue, he discusses LTG's. These are groups of 2 or 3 people, getting together regularly to do three things: confess sins, read Scripture, and pray for those not yet believing. (LTG stands for Life Transformation Groups.)

One of the accountability questions would be good for all of every follower of Christ to ask ourselves, probably on a daily basis. "Have you been a testimony this week to the greatness of Jesus Christ with both your words and actions?" Sometimes I am convicted by that question. (I guess that is its point.)

I am now 59. How much of earthly life is left for me? Can't answer that. But do I want my earthly time to make a difference for Christ in the lives of others I come in contact with? Yes.

If so, maybe I should ask myself daily, "Have I been a testimony today to the greatness of Jesus Christ with both my words and my actions."

That doesn't always mean going through the Roman road with someone, nor sharing how I came to Christ with someone (although it may mean that). But it does mean do I give God glory for the things I see in the world, and the things I experience in the world, and the people I have in my life? And do I do that, not only by the way I live (actions), but also through my words (words of thankfulness, words of praise, words of attributing to God what He has done, instead of just saying, "Wow, what a beautiful day." I could say, "Wow, what a beautiful day God has made for us to enjoy."

What about you? Have you been a testimony to the greatness of Jesus Christ with both your words and your actions this week, this day? I want to do this more. Join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment