Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Too Practical

Sometimes God is just too practical!

"I am confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." (Psalm 27:13-14)

One of my seminary professors used to say that when he preached a sermon or led a Bible study it just seemed that when he reached the door to go outside, immediately there would be a temptation or trial come up to see if he really believed what he'd just preached about.

Isn't that so often the case? It is easy to preach and teach and live the Bible, and to have faith, until I am tested. UNTIL I AM TESTED. Then it gets way too practical.

All of us need, at times, to "wait on the LORD." All of us need to "let our hearts take courage." All of need to believe that "we will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living." It is easy to believe we will see God's goodness in heaven later on, but what about NOW. Now is often when we need to believe it.

Does God have a plan? Yes. Do I know what His plan is? Often not. And that is when it is hard to hold on and wait on the LORD. But I have to believe that He is in control even when I cannot. Just a reminder that He is God and I am not. That's when faith is so practical. I need this message today. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment