Friday, September 6, 2013

Whose Fragrance Do You Give Off?

Reading in 2 Corinthians 2 today, I came across this:  "But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ, and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him." (2:14, NIV)

O that when people walked past us--when people were around us--when they saw our true nature, it would be shedding the fragrance of Christ--His love, His compassion, His caring, His genuine nature!  That would be a prayer for me worth praying.

So often I am impatient--I am self-centered--I am frustrated with people and get angry at them.  So often I say things out of wrong motives--focused on me, not the need of the other, even the need of the other for growth, improvement.

But what if, what if, today I would focus more, and you would focus more, on being the essence, the odor, the fragrance of Christ to those whom you are around?  How would others respond to us and their world differently today?

I plan to attempt (that may not last long) to let the fragrance of Christ smell through me today.  I guess that aids in the knowledge of God being seen as the Psalmist said, "Taste and see that the LORD is good."  Could that happen through me today?  I  hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment