Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Who Depends on Your Faith?

Who depends on your faith? What happens when you struggle with faith (that is human, I believe)?

Proverbs 3:5-6. I realize that I have people who depend on my faith. When I struggle, they may struggle. Is that part, though, of "bearing one another's burdens"?

There are people who look to me, to see whether I trust in God when the hard times come. There are people who look to me, to see whether I live by what I say for them to do.
There are those with little faith or no faith who learn from my way of living, more than my way of speaking.

Living for God implies that we "walk by faith, not by sight." We cannot often see the outcome. Sometimes we don't see the way through it all either. Could this be why Jesus told the disciples in John 14:6, "I Am the Way"?

Faith is trust--trust is depending on someone other than myself--trust is depending on someone worthy of my trust, my faith, my dependence.

Those with less faith look to you as an example of faith, if you have faith in God. They look to you for insight into what it looks like--what it means--and how to live it out. Will Jesus find faith on the earth?

So we walk by faith, not by sight. We trust in what we have not seen as a way of helping us through life, but also helping others through life. (Hebrews 11)

Who depends on your faith today? Will they see it? Pray, pray, pray that they will (and that you will too).

No comments:

Post a Comment