Tuesday, November 9, 2010

To see the nations worship

Today I had opportunity to give devotion at international luncheon. About 160 people come to eat--people from all over the world--to have lunch together at our Baptist Student Center in Carbondale. Our church helped serve food today. While there, there is a devotion given--many who are present are from other world religions or no religion. Here is an opportunity to share our faith in Jesus with others, many who do not know about Jesus or what Christians believe.

I decided to sing with my guitar, a song talking about a day when people from all over the world will gather to worship God. What a great worship celebration that will be.

I began:

"I used to go to church in Macomb and we had students from Korea, Nigeria, and other countries participating in worship with us. What a neat thing to hear a prayer in Korean and a song in an African language or in French or German.

It reminds me of a verse in John (3:16), that says that God loves everyone in the world. And it goes like this, 'For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.'

That says to me that God loves people from Colombia, Indonesia, Mexico, Russia, Brazil, Peru, Korea, China, and every other country in the world. And the song I sing is about a time when people from all these nations and more will gather to worship God. What a great day it will be.

One reason we do this luncheon, and one reason I have taught English to internationals for some 15 years is that people will see God's love in me and that they will experience God's love for them through my service--my actions--my love and life.

And here is the song:

Our heart, our desire is to see the nations worship. Our cry, our prayer is to sing your praise to the ends of the earth. That with one mighty voice, every tribe and tongue rejoices. Our heart, our desire is to see the nations worship You.

Heavenly Father, your mercy showers down upon all peoples, every tongue and every race. May your Spirit pierce the darkness, break the chains of death upon us. Let us rise in honest worship to declare your matchless worth.

Our heart, our desire ... to see the nations worship You."

What a wonderful day that will be to hear people from all over the world, bowing down to God and giving Him their worship.
___________________________

My reader, is this what you desire and pray for? If not, join me in that prayer that we will spread the message so others may know Him as we know Him. They come from all over the world so that we might share Christ with them. They come to us? Will we seize the opportunity to share with the people of the world--showing God's love--so one day we will see them worship God in heaven with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment