Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Who Do You Look Like?

The older I get, the more I see my parents in my siblings. I see a sister or brother, and I see how they favor my mom or dad--a certain look, a certain mannerism, a thing they say or do. And with the parents I had, I think that is a good thing.

But I wonder sometimes who I look like. I want to favor my Father so much more--my heavenly Father. And that is so much more than just an outward resemblance. It begins in the heart. When people see me, I hope they see how I favor the One who lives within me and teaches me and patiently forgives me. I hope they see more loving compassion like Jesus had, more commitment and more family resemblance to the One who died for me.

I am preaching through the gospel of Luke now, and I believe one thing to ask in reading it is,
"Who does Luke say Jesus is?" And then another question follows, "How am I more like Jesus for reading/studying/worshiping Him?"

Family resemblance can be good or bad. But Family resemblance to God and Jesus will never be bad!

Who do YOU look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment