Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Way More Like Jesus

I need to be way more like Jesus. More like Him in compassion. More like him in searching for lost. More like His gentle quiet way while at the same time standing up for what is right. There is a right way and a wrong way to do that, and I admire the way He did that. Always in control even when it looked like He was out of control (He wasn't).

I've always loved the believers in the Berean church in Acts. They "searched the Scriptures to see if these things were so." They didn't just believe because someone else believed or taught that way. But they looked for themselves, and they checked things out from the Scriptures. That is a mix of faith and thinking, and I like that. I've tried to do that.

I want the church I pastor to be that kind of church. Don't just believe everything I say (I am human). Check it out for yourself. I believe that too would be the way of Jesus, and certainly the way to be more like Jesus. I want that--do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment